Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-05-2003, 02:20 PM
Roger

Default Where? Is best source of roses?

I guess by nature, I am a complainer, so here goes.

Two year ago I decided I needed some yellow roses, to go with my 23
other color Roses.

So, where would you go to get a yellow rose- -Texas or course. They
even wrote a song about it "Yellow Rose of Texas".

I went to my local discounter and bought three different yellow roses.
A Kings Ransom, Golden Showers, and another I don't remember the name.
They were bare root 1 1/2, orgin Tyler Texas.

What I got was two white (believe to be Ice Berg) and one Red(believed
to be Christian Dor).

This year I decided to forget the "discounter", and not to be a
cheap-skate and buy number ones.

SSSSoooooooo, I went early, for the best selection. I picked two of
the best #1, bare root, Kings Ransoms. I brought them home potted
them and kept them in the basement until Spring sprung.

I transplanted them and now they are flurishing, with nice folage and
large Pink/orange blooms (believe to be Chicago Peace). Their origin
too was Tyler Texas.

My question is; How can a place that bills it's self as "The Rose
Capitol of America" do business this way. And how do Nurseries that
sell this "Stuff" cope with it's customers.

Sure,I could dig them up and take them back- -but they know I won't.
I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Any suggestion to the best source for roses would be appreciated.

Have a good day. .Roger