Old 18-06-2003, 04:44 PM
Shiva

Default Outta the Blue is Outta this Word ...

As in dead. It's the only one of the S&W Greenhouse bare roots that
died. It looked bad for a while, same as a few others, then sprouted
one small green cane. Next thing I knew the latter had died. Now it is
just sticks. I would normally think I did not keep it moist enough,
but with the rain we have been having I may just have proven that they
can actually drown.

I'm missing something great, aren't I?
Old 19-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Cass

In article m, Shiva
wrote:

As in dead. It's the only one of the S&W Greenhouse bare roots that
died. It looked bad for a while, same as a few others, then sprouted
one small green cane. Next thing I knew the latter had died. Now it is
just sticks. I would normally think I did not keep it moist enough,
but with the rain we have been having I may just have proven that they
can actually drown.

I'm missing something great, aren't I?

Bummer. I can't show you what, exactlly, because the color is
unphotographable, at least thus far. It's not a diva, but as an
overgrown floribunda-type, it is good - dark fuchsia agin to poiple.
Always has two or three sprays on it. Got your receipts? Mine are all
lost, permanently.
Old 19-06-2003, 04:20 PM
Shiva

Cass wrote:

In article m, Shiva
wrote:

As in dead.

Bummer. I can't show you what, exactlly, because the color is
unphotographable, at least thus far.

Oo. This hoits. I like the inexplicable/indescribable/unphotographable.
Your use of the latter word has had "My Funny Valentine" playing in my
head since I read it last night.

It's not a diva, but as an
overgrown floribunda-type, it is good - dark fuchsia agin to poiple.
Always has two or three sprays on it.

They don't all have to be divas. There is already enough swooning,
nodding, and tragic spotting going on in my garden to make me feel needed.
By "overgrown floribunda-type" do you mean "grandiflora type?" And if so
why do so many roses have this gawky form?

Got your receipts?

Nope. I am seldom that careful.

Mine are all
lost, permanently.

What happened?

Old 20-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Cass

In article
aHlwYXRpYQ==.f7a5437f96d0fc98a19cc18009bf62ff@105 6035971.cotse.net,
Shiva wrote:

Cass wrote:

In article m, Shiva
wrote:

As in dead.

Bummer. I can't show you what, exactlly, because the color is
unphotographable, at least thus far.

Oo. This hoits. I like the inexplicable/indescribable/unphotographable.
Your use of the latter word has had "My Funny Valentine" playing in my
head since I read it last night.

It's not a diva, but as an
overgrown floribunda-type, it is good - dark fuchsia agin to poiple.
Always has two or three sprays on it.

They don't all have to be divas. There is already enough swooning,
nodding, and tragic spotting going on in my garden to make me feel needed.

Makes me homicidal.

By "overgrown floribunda-type" do you mean "grandiflora type?"

I don't have a single grandiflora, now that you mention it, so I can't
say. I meant too tall to be a floribunda but a similar flower form -
fewer petals, lots of sprays. The flower shape is a lot like Angel
Face, tho sadly not with the same substance. I thought grandifloras had
HT form, but I don't know jack.

And if so why do so many roses have this gawky form?

I don't know the ultimate shape of this plant. They are growing up
nicely, about 4 feet tall but not wide.

Got your receipts?

Nope. I am seldom that careful.

Mine are all lost, permanently.

What happened?

As far as I can tell, they moved to Tralfamador. Or I'm not that
careful. I stuff them into rose books, but I can only find receipts of
the roses that survive, never the roses that are virused or otherwise
require a serious discussion with a nursery.