Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2003, 11:35 PM
S.La Rocca

Default Hunter Rugossa w/ blackspot help please

I live in Central Mi. zone 5. I have a third year Hunter Rugossa that has a
good ammount of blackspot. I know you are not supposed to spray Rugossas,
but this variety seems to not look much like most Rugossas. This rose is
about 5 ft. tall, with huge 1 in. diameter canes. It is sending out more
new canes, 1 of which is about 7 ft. tall. The flush of blooms it put out
in June was amazing. I mean it was loaded. Has anyone ever tried to spray
this rose for blackspot ? I would hate to try it, and loose it. The only
reason for my inquiry is that I heard this rose is a complex hybrid with
many other rose types in it's make up. Thanks in advance

Tony