Old 11-01-2004, 08:03 PM
Sherry D

Default Need information on easy way to dry flowers - please help

Hi, My grandmother just passed away and her funeral was yesterday.

I have many bouquets that I am going to bring to the personal care
home she was in and a couple I will keep. I had this idea that I
could take a flower from each of the bouquets before I give them away
and dry them so I can keep a little bouquet of dried flowers in memory
of my grandmother.

Someone told me to just hang them upside down in a dark place and wait
for them to dry. Then someone else told me to hairspray them and hang
them. But they didn't know if you spray them before or after you hang
them up to dry. (They just heard this from someone else, they never
did it themselves). So I don't know if the hairspray idea is a good
one. Does anyone know?

And also, can I dry greenery? I've been searching around for an
answer to this and I can't find one. I'd like some greenery to go
with the flowers once dried, but can't find anywhere that talks about
drying any greenery, can I do this?

And help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Sherry
Old 12-01-2004, 01:42 AM
Greta Kustermans

Hello, fill the bottom of a box with some fine dry sand
(hobby, DIY shops, the type they use to put candles on)
Put the flowers and greenery in the box. Slowly and gently
cover with sand so that the sand fills the spaces between
the flowers without crushing them.
Dried like this the flowers keep their shape and colour.
Iso using sand you can also use these moisture absorbing
granules they sell in flower arrangement shops.
Success.

"Sherry D" schreef in bericht
[...]

For Padraig: God's Way of Showing the Beauty of Flowers & Gardens - B.B.U.M.C. Altar Cross, Bible, and Flowers F.jpg 205021 bytes HEMI-Powered @ [email protected] Garden Photos 0 11-05-2007 04:19 PM
her lentil was dry, easy, and creeps through the satellite Jethro United Kingdom 0 01-09-2005 03:33 PM
little by little, tyrants wander among easy drawers, unless they're dry Dianna Robertson, SOSA United Kingdom 0 23-07-2005 02:46 PM
dry dry dry Rosie United Kingdom 0 02-04-2004 04:21 AM
please help-new information needed Stephen Howard United Kingdom 4 30-04-2003 08:44 PM