Old 10-02-2004, 01:47 AM
Darren Garrison

Default Best on-line sites for ordering rose bushes?

I'm wanting to plant a few around the perimeter of my yard, but know just about exactly nothing
about the current varities. So I'm looking for a site with good prices AND good photos/descriptions
of the various types. (All I'm settled on so far is that I want at least one "Joseph's Coat".

Old 14-02-2004, 10:32 PM
Carolyn1103

Go to the GardenWeb site and read the rose forums - especially the antique rose
forum. Lots of information and personal experience available for the reading.
In particular, consider the antique roses and own roots available through
mailorder. (Vintage, Heirloom Roses etc.) Stay away from those boxed roses at
WallyWorld and Home Depot.
Old 16-02-2004, 08:56 PM
Darren Garrison

On 14 Feb 2004 22:24:31 GMT, (Carolyn1103) wrote:

Go to the GardenWeb site and read the rose forums - especially the antique rose
forum. Lots of information and personal experience available for the reading.
In particular, consider the antique roses and own roots available through
mailorder. (Vintage, Heirloom Roses etc.) Stay away from those boxed roses at
WallyWorld and Home Depot.

Thanks for the tip, but I've already ordered from a site called
www.veseys.com based out of Canada.
After sorting through all of the types they had available, I ordered (for late March shipping,
according to the site):

Iceberg
Peace
Pascali
Joseph's Coat
Easy Going
Reine des Violettes
Mr. Lincoln
Tiffany
Gemini
Scentimental
Leonidas
Double Delight

Old 16-02-2004, 10:28 PM
Janet Bledsoe

Hi Darren,

You might check the site below. It lists most the rose suppliers with
online ordering and gives them a rating.

http://www.gardenerscorner.com/RoseMailOrder.html

Janet

Old 18-02-2004, 08:05 PM
Shiva

Darren Garrison wrote:

[...]

You do know that Joseph's Coat is a climber, yes?

Old 20-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Darren Garrison

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 14:43:00 -0500 (EST), "Shiva" wrote:

You do know that Joseph's Coat is a climber, yes?

Yeah, that one is going against the side of my house (east facing).

Old 20-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Darren Garrison

Old 20-02-2004, 01:15 PM
Hamp

Darren Garrison wrote in message . ..
I'm wanting to plant a few around the perimeter of my yard, but know just about exactly nothing
about the current varities. So I'm looking for a site with good prices AND good photos/descriptions
of the various types. (All I'm settled on so far is that I want at least one "Joseph's Coat".

Check out www.chambleeroses.com, they have a great online catalog and
reference chart. Their roses are "own root" (not grafted) which I
prefer. The prices are the best I've found and their service is
great.

Best kind of drip line? Frank Miles Edible Gardening 3 15-05-2016 11:45 PM
Gardening / Rose chat sites db Roses 1 17-11-2004 11:15 PM
"Line Banding" rose mosaic virus JimS. Roses 1 22-08-2003 06:04 AM
Some great NEW products... and a great Bonus ordering opportunity! Earl Buchan Gardening 0 21-03-2003 06:08 PM
ordering neem oil online molly malone Orchids 1 28-01-2003 11:13 PM