Old 17-04-2004, 11:07 PM
ed

Default Ronald Reagan rose

Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

thanks
ed

Old 18-04-2004, 07:13 PM
dave weil

On Sat, 17 Apr 2004 21:12:07 GMT, "ed" wrote:

Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

thanks
ed

I dunno, but I know that to grow it, you use trickle-down watering...
Old 18-04-2004, 09:05 PM
Starsha

"dave weil" wrote

Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

I dunno, but I know that to grow it, you use trickle-down watering...

ROFL!!! Too good!

Old 18-04-2004, 10:03 PM
JimS.

"Starsha" wrote in message

"dave weil" wrote

Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

I dunno, but I know that to grow it, you use trickle-down watering...

ROFL!!! Too good!

Plus, as soon as it's in the ground, you'll forget where you planted it.

JimS.
Seattle

Old 18-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Charles Perry

"JimS." wrote:

Plus, as soon as it's in the ground, you'll forget where you planted it.

Very good, JimS. Got any more tasteful jokes? Maybe some about
people dying of cancer or AIDS?

I like sophmoric humor as well as anyone, but I would expect to
be brought up short if I made fun of the disabilities of anyone
dying of an incurable disease. Particularly if I exercised such
poor taste in a public forum.

--
Charles Perry
Reply to:

Old 18-04-2004, 11:02 PM
Darren Garrison

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004 20:56:18 GMT, Charles Perry wrote:

"JimS." wrote:

Plus, as soon as it's in the ground, you'll forget where you planted it.

Very good, JimS. Got any more tasteful jokes? Maybe some about
people dying of cancer or AIDS?

I like sophmoric humor as well as anyone, but I would expect to
be brought up short if I made fun of the disabilities of anyone
dying of an incurable disease. Particularly if I exercised such
poor taste in a public forum.

Yeah, I thought of making a joke like that, but passed on it, because it could be taken as an
Alzheimer's joke. I would have, though (and the poster probably did) mean it as a reference to
slimebag Reagan's slimebag Iran Contra debacle, after which he multiply purgured himself by claiming
to not remember anything about the whole thing. (Then another slimebag who tried to destroy
evidence was made out to be a hero of the right-wing). See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran-Contra_Affair

Old 19-04-2004, 02:08 AM
Charles Perry

Darren Garrison wrote:
Some comments defending poor taste and some political claptrap that adds to nobodys knowlege about the topic of this forum which is about growing roses.

It is a big world, Darren. I imagine that thare are places where
the kind of vitrol expressed in your political commentary is
welcome or at least acceptable. Here, it is clearly off topic.

Charles Perry

Reply to:

** A balanced diet is a cookie in each hand **
Old 19-04-2004, 06:03 AM
dave weil

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:30:32 GMT, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

Darren Garrison wrote:
Some comments defending poor taste and some political claptrap that adds to nobodys knowlege about the topic of this forum which is about growing roses.

It is a big world, Darren. I imagine that thare are places where
the kind of vitrol expressed in your political commentary is
welcome or at least acceptable. Here, it is clearly off topic.

Charles Perry

Reply to:

Maybe I shouldn't say that you have to trim it by a third then...

Old 19-04-2004, 08:04 AM
mmarteen

I ordered it this year. It is supposed to be red and white and I thought it
would go well in a bed with Mister Lincoln and Full Sail. I think it is a
new rose this year from J&P, one of their own root varieties that are
supposed to be tougher than the rest, or at least that's how they bill it.

mm
news

Old 20-04-2004, 04:03 AM
ben boorman

why do you think is was called the "ronald reagan" rose? commercial
enterprise.... Is that off topic?

Old 20-04-2004, 06:02 AM
Joe

"ed" wrote in message
om...
Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

thanks
ed

As soon as it's established, a shot from the Bushy Knoll strikes it down.

Old 20-04-2004, 01:03 PM
J. Del Col

"Joe" wrote in message news:uC1hc.185818$oR5.75034@pd7tw3no...
"ed" wrote in message
om...
Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

thanks
ed

As soon as it's established, a shot from the Bushy Knoll strikes it down.

Wrong president.

Ronald Reagan gets shot by a rosarian obsessed with Jodie Foster.

J. Del Col
Old 20-04-2004, 03:05 PM
J. Del Col

"ed" wrote in message . com...
Should I get this rose? Anybody got it-if so, how is it?

Nah, it just acts like a rose.

J. Del Col
Old 20-04-2004, 09:07 PM
Charles Perry

dave weil wrote:

Maybe I shouldn't say that you have to trim it by a third then...

I thought that your original comment in this thread was both
witty and funny. If I gave anyone the impression that my
comments were directed to you or your comment, I apologise.

Regards,

Charles

--
Charles Perry