Old 26-05-2004, 09:02 AM
Kirk Gregory Czuhai

Default Blue Roses Soon? !!!

Scientists have been planting a human gene into bacteria with the
result that its turning them blue.

They think it could lead to the possible insertion of the gene into a
rose plant leading to roses that are BLUE!!

Maybe they will find a way to make red violets if i do not know maybe
they exist already and sour surgar, THEN HA HA HOOOOEEEE,

Violets are Red, Roses are Blue,

Surgar is sour, and so is You!

Perfect for other times of the month!

peace and love,

(kirk) kirk gregoy czuhai

http://www.altelco.net/~churches

http://www.altelco.net/~money/1000000
Old 28-05-2004, 03:04 AM
Mark. Gooley

"Kirk Gregory Czuhai" wrote:
Scientists have been planting a human gene into bacteria with the
result that its turning them blue.

They think it could lead to the possible insertion of the gene into a
rose plant leading to roses that are BLUE!!

Last try I heard about, they ended up inserting the gene for a precursor
of a blue chemical found in many flowers...but roses do not have the
metabolic pathways to convert the precursor into the blue stuff itself!
Or at least that type of rose didn't. (I'm sure that someone will
correct me if I have the details wrong.)

Interesting note: some yellow roses have no scent, but their white
relatives do have a scent, one rather like that of violets. (I think
this includes varieties of R. banksia.) It seems that there's a gene
that turns on the conversion of yellow carotenoids into colorless
scented compounds...

Mark., Nature will throw you a curve ball often enough

Old 28-05-2004, 05:05 AM
dave weil

On Thu, 27 May 2004 21:34:31 -0400, in rec.gardens.roses you wrote:

"Kirk Gregory Czuhai" wrote:
Scientists have been planting a human gene into bacteria with the
result that its turning them blue.

They think it could lead to the possible insertion of the gene into a
rose plant leading to roses that are BLUE!!

Last try I heard about, they ended up inserting the gene for a precursor
of a blue chemical found in many flowers...but roses do not have the
metabolic pathways to convert the precursor into the blue stuff itself!
Or at least that type of rose didn't. (I'm sure that someone will
correct me if I have the details wrong.)

However, here in Nashville, over there at Vanderbilt, they're
definitely working on it. It was in the local paper Tuesday.

http://tennessean.com/local/archives...nt_ID=51835356

Old 28-05-2004, 08:03 AM
Kirk Gregory Czuhai

"Mark. Gooley" wrote in message ...
"Kirk Gregory Czuhai" wrote:
[...]

quite a bit earlier in my postings, i mentioned what a folk hero one
would be if grass was genenically altered to indeed be GRASS! HE HE HO
HO HOOOOO!

Old 01-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Guombo

Can the scientists live the roses as they are? The nature doesn't
always need these changes.
Guombo.
Old 30-06-2004, 02:40 AM
Registered User

Location: allendale, michigan usa

*** Here are the BLUE ROSES !!! ***

You have been hearing and reading about them,

WELL HERE THEY ARE ==== THE BLUE ROSES !!!

http://www.altelco.net/~churches/BlueRoses.htm

peace and love,

(kirk) kirk gregory czuhai