Old 23-09-2004, 03:36 AM
Craig

Default new bushes

I bought two new rose bushes a few months ago and planted them. They both
are healthy and producing roses.

One of the bushes has very strong branches. If there are a few roses on a
branch, it doesn't get limp.

The other bush is very "limp". Once a rose blooms the branch can't handle
the weight and the branch falls towards the ground.

Is this something that will improve with time, or should I toss and replace
in planting season ?

Old 23-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Tim Tompkins

It depends on the variety.

Many of the David Austin English roses exhibit this behavior.

"Super Thrive" will elongate vegetative growth and aggravate this phenomena.
It contains a hormome that is also found in Alfalfa.

Tim

"Craig" wrote in message
I bought two new rose bushes a few months ago and planted them. They both
are healthy and producing roses.

One of the bushes has very strong branches. If there are a few roses on a
branch, it doesn't get limp.

The other bush is very "limp". Once a rose blooms the branch can't handle
the weight and the branch falls towards the ground.

Is this something that will improve with time, or should I toss and

replace
in planting season ?

Yellowing of new growth: Tomato bushes Don Smith Australia 2 04-11-2007 02:04 AM
How do I keep my new holly bushes from getting "leggy" at the bottom? Ima Googler Gardening 7 23-03-2006 03:31 PM
looking for blueberry bushes, vines for new garden area Stan Texas 2 04-08-2004 01:53 AM
New bushes from Home Depot Me Roses 4 29-01-2004 03:45 AM
New bushes from Home Depot Me Roses 0 29-01-2004 01:56 AM