Old 30-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Martin

Default Rhapsody in Blue

Rhapsody in Blue is a modern, repeat flowering, floribunda (or Cluster
Flowered to some). It sure is a lovely rose bringing a new colour break to
modern roses. An example of Rhapsody in Blue can be view on the Bexrose Web
Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose under roses for
exhibiting.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

"Welsh Witch" wrote in message
news
I have just bought 6 Rhapsody in Blue roses. I threw away the labels,
not liking any plastic in the garden . Theyr'e beautifully perfumed but I
can't remember whether they're repeat flowering or other details. I've
Gogled the name and come up with nothing other than the Gershwin
offering/
I haven't seen this rose before I remember it won some prize in 2003 abd
would have expected a write up somewhere but No!
**********************************

Old 01-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Gail Futoran

"Martin" wrote in message
[...]

One source I like for rose information is
www.helpmefind.com/Roses
The listings aren't always up to date since other sites
(found by googling on "rhapsody in blue rose")
listed this rose as Rose of the Year 2003 (presumably
for England, where it was bred??) but helpmefind
doesn't list that under awards.

Looks like my kind of rose. I love mauves. I can't
wait until it's offered in the States.

Re tossing out labels: I've done that by mistake.
I usually leave any labels on (plastic, metal, whatever)
until I think the rose is going to thrive, then replace
the plastic label with a metal label stuck in the ground.

Gail
near San Antonio TX Zone 8

Old 01-07-2005, 03:45 AM
Registered User

I am looking for a strong growing rose to add to my garden. I live in Zone 4 - so I will need a hardy rose. Has anyone had success with this rose in zone 4- and do you need to tip for winter protection? How resistent is it to pests?

POE 2007 - Vanda Pakchong Blue 'Devera' - deep blue LARGE vanda Eric Hunt[_1_] Orchid Photos 0 28-02-2007 05:19 AM
"Rhapsody in Blue" Welsh Witch United Kingdom 15 05-07-2005 11:18 AM
Rhapsody in Blue Martin Gardening 0 01-07-2005 08:23 AM
planting blue rug juniper and blue star juniper sams Gardening 1 24-04-2004 01:02 PM
Blue Tomatoes/Blue tomatoe seeds old whats his name Edible Gardening 2 23-04-2003 06:32 AM