Old 18-07-2005, 03:46 PM
richard poulsen

Default rose hybridizing

Are their any good rose hybridizing
discussion sites on the web?
Thanks,
Richard

Old 18-07-2005, 05:08 PM
Martin

I don't know but I sure a few people here have do a bit of hybridising and
may be able to answer some of your questions.
Regards
Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster
Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

Old 18-07-2005, 06:17 PM
Gail Futoran

"richard poulsen" wrote in message
Are their any good rose hybridizing
discussion sites on the web?
Thanks,
Richard

If you do a google search on "rose hybridizing"
you'll find links to a number of web sites that
should give you want you want.

Gail

Old 20-07-2005, 03:25 PM

richard poulsen a =E9crit :
Are their any good rose hybridizing
discussion sites on the web?
Thanks,
Richard

Your name is famous in rose world. Are you related to the
Poulsen/Olesen family?

There is the Rose Hybridyzers Association forum RHA. Participate is
totaly free.
Basic infos are here as well as interesting exchanges or speculations.

Another interesting forum is 'Chez Vibert' with selected participants.
Aimed at rose history, old roses, species and breeding and anything
related. If interested you need to be invited. Then send me an email

Pierre Rutten

Old 21-07-2005, 10:04 PM
richard poulsen

Thank you Pierre,
I don't know if I am related to the
Poulsen hybridizer. My grandparents
came to California from Denmark
in the early 1900s. When I became
engaged to my wife in 1970 , her
parents had 7 Poulsen Bedder roses
along their driveway. I thought that
was kind of special. I became inter
ested in bonsai and also miniature
roses shortly after we were married
and have retained the interest in both.
I have grown self pollinated miniature
roses from seed and have several
which have good color and form.
I have one that came out of the
miniature rose Stars and Stripes
that is hot pink with red stripes and
very little white. Very disease resistant
and good root system, and glossy
leaves. I also have a little website
that I made about 6 years ago where
I show how to make Cinderella roses
into bonsai. I will post the web site
later for those that might be interested.

Old 21-07-2005, 10:25 PM
richard poulsen

Pierre,
Here is my website for the Cinderella miniature rose bonsai. There are
several pages to the site. Click on background, tips, instructions, etc.
at the top of the website page.
http://members.fortunecity.com/thesh...derellabonsai/
Thank you for the information on the
American Hybridizers site. I was a
member for about six years in the late
70s, I had forgotten about them. Great
to be able to go to the forum page
and see various techniques people are
using.
Richard Poulsen

Rose - Rose-Single-Pink-4.jpg (1/1) Donn Thorson Garden Photos 0 17-04-2009 10:15 AM
Hybridizing Question [email protected] Roses 1 07-03-2006 09:56 PM
Hybridizing GrlIntrpted Orchids 5 09-04-2003 04:56 PM
Rose Celebrations and meeting with the Rose-Obsessed USDA map Radika Kesavan Roses 1 30-01-2003 11:36 PM
Ventura County Rose Society Rose Auction James Delahanty Roses 1 25-01-2003 04:37 AM