Old 26-04-2003, 06:20 AM
chris

Default Non-Circulating Hydroponics

Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..
Old 26-04-2003, 02:08 PM
Eugene Ferreira

I didn't even know there was non-circulating hydroponics becuase fertilizers
is mixed in water and then circulated so that it reaches all plants??

chris wrote in message
om...
Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..

Old 26-04-2003, 03:56 PM
James Curts

There are indeed non recirculating hydroponics systems in use. I am not
sure which specific systems you are referring to or at what level your
expertise. Cornell University has ongoing studies using a flotation tank
principle in which the plants float on the nutrient. However, the nutrient
in this case is slowly recirculated so may not fit your description.

Smaller home and hobby systems use various types of devices which are
contained and the plants are fed by misting the roots or through aerating
the nutrient solution.

Perhaps you refer to systems which let the nutrient flow past the plant
roots and "run to waste." That is , the nutrient is fed in studied and
programmed amounts and at timed cycles to feed the plant with the nutrient
not taken in by the plant passing on and out of the system. The feed rate
assures sufficient nutrient to the plant and minimal loss. The is kept to, I
believe 3-6 per cent of total feeding. This method is becoming more
popular as the environmental issues arise concerning the dumping of large
amounts of depleted nutrient.

Feel free to contact me off line if you like and I can direct you to books,
message boards, etc.. I can not at the moment come up with any specific
growers or systems without a bit more enlightenment on your needs.

Thank you

Jim Curts

chris wrote in message
om...
Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..

Old 26-04-2003, 07:44 PM
Eugene Ferreira

Isn't the misting of the roots called aeroponics or something like that?

James Curts wrote in message
[...]

chris wrote in message
om...
Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..

Old 27-04-2003, 03:45 AM
James Curts

Yes, it is. I am trying to get a handle on what this person needs
nonrecirculating hydroponics and as the question is rather wide open I
included various alternatives which are similar.

Thank you

Jim Curts

"Eugene Ferreira" wrote in message
[...]

chris wrote in message
om...
Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..

Old 04-05-2003, 11:56 PM
Old Clunker

Don't look like this dude could find his way back here read the replies.

Old Clunker

[...]

chris wrote in message
om...
Looking for Information in Non-circulating hydroponics..