Old 26-04-2003, 12:23 PM
Berube

Default ξΑ: Wheat prices

Sorry, but my news reader won't let me attach an excel file. If anybody is
interested in it, I can send it to you.

Dean

"Berube" @home wrote in message ...

"Berube" @home wrote in message news:...
This might give all of you a more realistic idea of what a farmer in
Saskatchewan(Canada) is now receiving for their grain. I buy grain into

facility on the east side of Saskatchewan. I keep an updated spread

sheet
with the Canadian Wheat Board grain prices on it. You will find it

attached
to this post. At the top of the spread sheet it lists the tariffs that

are
charged at our local facility. In order, they stand for (FRT)- rail

freight
to either Thunder Bay, Ontario, or Vancouver B.C. The (FAF) is an

adjustment
that is used to help equalize the freight of going to Thunder Bay (St.
Lawrence Seaway) than Vancouver. The (ELEV) is our charge for handling

the
grain.The (CLNG) charge is the charge for cleaning the grain at either

port.
The total is the total charged/tonne and this is the total tariff charge
that is taken off at the facility. The net from this ends up in the
farmer's pocket.
Next on the sheet, it lists what the interim payment is. This is

the
current price that a farmer recieves for his grain. This price can be
adjusted throughout the crop year, which runs from August1 through to

July
30. The PRO is the estimated outlook of what the grain will be worth at

the
end of the crop year. Once this figure is finalized the producer will
recieve an adjusted amount of money for what he had hauled in during the
crop year. This amount also fluctuates throughout the year. On page one

of
the sheet is our #1 Red Spring Wheat prices. The number right next to it

is
the protein of the wheat. Page 2 has the #2 wheat. Sheet 1 has the #3

and
wheat price. Page 3 has a few other varieties of wheat on it which would
include Canada Prairie Spring Wheat, Extra Strong Wheat, and Red Winter
Wheat. There are also prices for Amber Durum, Barley, and Malt Barley.
I must add that this year, the majority (about 80% of the wheat

grown
in this particular area is a #3 Red Spring Wheat.
All of the prices are in Canadian $'s.
I must also add that these prices are much better that they have

been
in
previous years, but we had quite a drought this year in most parts of
Saskatchewan and Alberta, which isn't going to let a lot of the farmers

take
advantage of these prices.
Just thought that this may interest a few of you.

Dean Ronn

"Jim Webster" wrote in message

Dennis G. wrote in message
"Jim Webster" wrote:

http://gov.mb.ca/agriculture/news/ma...ins/index.html

Compares last year with current price.

Dennis

Interesting.
Mind you there was an interesting piece in FarmBrief this morning

"If there was a bad winter in the Black Sea countries, next season's
grain markets may become universally firm as global stocks drop by 53
million tonnes."
--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'