Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-04-2003, 12:25 PM

Default Greed driving plant science

A Fiat shares a lot of physical characteristics with a Lamborgini.
You don't care, I say that there is some difference.
Humans share lots of genes with the mouse. We share ~99% of the genes.
However, religious and ethical believes of many people might tell
them that is not the same to eat rat, pig, human or chicken.

Religious and cultural differences aside, I think having rats
with a complete set of the human immune system running
around in the sewer systems of the world is not a good idea
either. Each organism has it's niche and broadening might not be
a good idea. It might expose us to unknown pathogens.

Jim Webster wrote:

Oz wrote in message
writes

would you care if grampa's genes where in your pigs?

No. Why should I?
I wouldn't care if some of my genes were in a pig.
We share lots of genes with pigs anyway.

latest figures was we are 300 genes different from mice, which isn't a
lot in 30,000+ genes.

--
Jim Webster

"The pasture of stupidity is unwholesome to mankind"

'Abd-ar-Rahman b. Muhammad b. Khaldun al-Hadrami'

mystery plant driving me crazy! lauraliam United Kingdom 10 03-05-2011 02:48 PM
Gardening - Natural Science NOT rocket science.. greenproductshop.info Edible Gardening 0 18-03-2009 05:00 PM
Deer driving me nuts paghat Ponds 0 10-08-2004 10:26 PM
Squirrel is driving me nuts Barry Texas 5 15-09-2003 12:42 PM
Greed driving plant science [email protected] Plant Biology 0 05-04-2003 03:32 PM