Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
PJ

Default GM crops 'alter' other plants

This is the headline of an article by Paul Brown in the January 2-8
issue of the Guardian Weekly. Supposedly, GM oilseed crops readily
cross pollinate with ordinary crops and weeds. It has been determined
that 50 metres between GM crops and non-GM crops is not acceptable.

I have not seen this information published elsewhere since then. Does
anyone know what the source is for these claims? Can you direct me to
the information? If anyone has subsequent information, I would
appreciate it if you would share it.
Old 26-04-2003, 12:30 PM
Marcus Williamson

I have not seen this information published elsewhere since then.

The source is a news release from Michael Meacher on 24 December 2002.
This is the only day on which one can guarantee that there will be no
newspaper published the following day...

See the stories towards the end of December 2002 he

http://www.gmfoodnews.com/

Hope this helps.

regards
Marcus