Old 10-06-2004, 09:04 PM
James

Default Other than zuccini, what are some fast producing hot weather crops?

Prefer something I can plant now and eat new month.
Old 11-06-2004, 01:03 PM
Pat Kiewicz

James said:

Prefer something I can plant now and eat new month.

Maybe cukes, if you don't have a problem with beetles and bacterial wilt.

Maybe beets, for tiny baby beets w/greens.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 11-06-2004, 02:02 PM
ShantiP1

Radishes take only about 25 days, leaf lettuce (cut off outer leaves and let
rest of plant grow), some green beans are ready in 50 days. I think there are
some that are even earlier.

Regards,
June
Old 22-06-2004, 04:06 PM
Laser6328

Steve,
I don't know about the "fast" part of the equation but here in central Florida,
I am pretty much limited to Okra as a hot weather crop.

Ed

Hot hot hot hot! PC Australia 1 10-01-2010 11:38 AM
Jalapenos don't get hot if weather is not hot? Ook Gardening 2 27-08-2007 05:12 AM
Sign petition to USDA to protect crops from being fertilized by pollen from GMO pharm. crops CaringIsTheFirstStep Edible Gardening 4 07-05-2003 05:08 AM
Zuccini Dave & Dana Gaunky Edible Gardening 7 23-03-2003 04:20 AM