Old 16-03-2003, 09:32 PM
Shiva

Default Hansa for Jim S

Jim--

Had to start a new thread, my news server is not doing well today. Got
mine potted from a reputable local nursery--and I loved it when it
bloomed. (See photo below.) But I like dark green foliage, and this rose
has yellow-green--and I just cannot get excited about once bloomers. I
want blooms spring to fall. I will keep mine in a pot for a while. You
might like it better than I do. The wrinkled leaves are neat.

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/hansa.jpg

Old 16-03-2003, 09:56 PM
JimS.

"Shiva" wrote in message
news:aHlwYXRpYQ==.737977e7e6dfac2d004d7d9c707d6118 @1047849232.cotse.net...
Jim--

Had to start a new thread, my news server is not doing well today. Got
mine potted from a reputable local nursery--and I loved it when it
bloomed. (See photo below.) But I like dark green foliage, and this rose
has yellow-green--and I just cannot get excited about once bloomers. I
want blooms spring to fall. I will keep mine in a pot for a while. You
might like it better than I do. The wrinkled leaves are neat.

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/hansa.jpg

Uh oh. You're telling me Hansa is a once-bloomer? Crap.

Old 16-03-2003, 11:32 PM
Larry Blanchard

In article Ge6da.105463$F1.3729@sccrnsc04,
says...

http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/hansa.jpg

Uh oh. You're telling me Hansa is a once-bloomer? Crap.

No way - mine blooms all year and seldom even pauses -it also gets 7'
tall and 7' wide after being pruned down to about 3' each spring.

--
It's turtles - all the way down!
Old 17-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Shiva

JimS. wrote: http://www.cotse.net/users/hypatia/Roses/hansa.jpg

Uh oh. You're telling me Hansa is a once-bloomer? Crap.

It sure is for me. Larry and I have had this conversation before. I think
we tentatively decided that maybe mine is just young and not up to par.
However--bearing in mind that this rose, like all the others, got great
fertilizer, full sun and tons of water, I find that a bit hard to believe.
Wait and see what yours does, maybe? In any case, the rose I have is
unmistakably Hansa, and it bloomed once in May and not at all after that.

Diseased `Hansa'? Mark. Gooley Roses 8 16-07-2003 06:30 PM
Diseased `Hansa'? Mark. Gooley Roses 0 13-07-2003 06:46 PM
blooms on Hansa JimS. Roses 1 02-07-2003 09:44 PM
Hansa Gets to Stay for Now! Shiva Roses 8 27-03-2003 05:08 AM
Bye Bye Hansa (etc.) Shiva Roses 18 20-03-2003 07:56 PM