Old 02-08-2005, 02:04 PM
ceed

Default Fragrant perennials.

Hi,

We have recently put in a spa in what used to be a larger flower bed. We
still have some of the flower bed left and would like to put in some
flowering scented perennials next to the spa. We would of course want
plants that aren't "messy" dropping a lot of leaves and flowers into the
spa. Also, since the spa is about 32 inches tall the plants shouldn't be
too small. The bed is facing west-south-west and mostly has afternoon sun.
The bed is about 6 x 6 ft. We live north of Austin in Round Rock.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

--
//ceed ©¿©¬
Old 02-08-2005, 10:52 PM
Bourne Identity

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 08:04:23 -0500, ceed
ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.com
wrote:

Hi,

We have recently put in a spa in what used to be a larger flower bed. We
still have some of the flower bed left and would like to put in some
flowering scented perennials next to the spa. We would of course want
plants that aren't "messy" dropping a lot of leaves and flowers into the
spa. Also, since the spa is about 32 inches tall the plants shouldn't be
too small. The bed is facing west-south-west and mostly has afternoon sun.
The bed is about 6 x 6 ft. We live north of Austin in Round Rock.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

I would say to have at least one rosemary plant, some lemon verbena,
a new 4 o'clock called 'Limelight,' for a start.

Old 03-08-2005, 06:15 AM
jOhN

ceed wrote:
Hi,

We have recently put in a spa in what used to be a larger flower bed.
We still have some of the flower bed left and would like to put in
some flowering scented perennials next to the spa. We would of course
want plants that aren't "messy" dropping a lot of leaves and flowers
into the spa. Also, since the spa is about 32 inches tall the plants
shouldn't be too small. The bed is facing west-south-west and mostly
has afternoon sun. The bed is about 6 x 6 ft. We live north of Austin
in Round Rock.

Suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Although petunias aren't perennials they produce quite a scent in
groups. They are also a bit hardier than most people think so they will
last into the fall. Right now they are struggling with the heat and sun
but my yard stunk purty in May and June.