Old 14-08-2005, 09:44 PM
TLR

Default Cool mystery plant - need ID

I just discovered the coolest volunteer plant growing in my back flowerbed
where I've also let some tall wild grasses naturalize. I looked through my
Texas wildflowers book and checked out some native grasses websites, but
can't find a match. I've posted a picture of it here.

Can anyone tell me what it is or anything about it?

Thanks!
Teri
http://raifordmultimedia.com/garden/mystery_plant05.jpg

Old 23-08-2005, 04:09 PM
~anita~

Hi....Looks like ornamental millet...Purple Majesty.
I had some a couple years ago, and liked it.
Here's a site with a bit of info. ...Anita
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...t/2003aas1.htm

Old 24-08-2005, 06:01 AM
TLR

By Jove, I think you're right

Now that I remember, it probably sprouted from some seeds I collected from a
clump growing in front of Randall's in Cedar Park last summer. But they were
much taller, so I didn't think it was the same thing. I vaguely recall
throwing the seed into my back flowerbed this spring. I'm hoping this one
will go to seed and maybe I'll have a clump of my own soon.

Thank you Anita!
Teri