Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
Bob Hunt

Default Bermuda/Nutgrass in Veggie Garden

Marcesent, there's not but one way to not be bothered with Nutgrass. You have
to move. You can poision it, but it will come right back.

Marcesent wrote:

OK, I know we just went through a nutgrass discussion, but my request is a
little more specific. I tilled up my garden this year (30' x30') and have
planted it, etc. But as you can imagine, despite my putting up barriers of
weed paper and borders the bermuda and nutgrass is growing in under the
fence, etc. Plus the little bits that remained after removing the sod and
retilling have grown into new tendrils in the garden, in the rows. After
hoeing every night for two weeks I realize I am fighting a losing battle.
But I am averse to spraying herbicide in the vegetable garden as I've heard
it can be very persistent - and I'm growing in the dirt that's there, not
raised beds. Any suggestions????

---marce

Old 05-04-2003, 11:09 AM
David Schanzle

Try 10% vinegar, it should kill them and not poison the soil!

Marcesent wrote:

[...]

nutgrass in new jasmine ivy bed cc Texas 5 10-05-2007 04:53 AM
Tillers - and breaking bermuda grass for a garden [email protected] Gardening 5 15-03-2007 06:38 PM
Nutgrass John Lawns 3 18-10-2005 01:18 AM
Anyone ever get Bermuda grass out of a garden? kenny Edible Gardening 5 26-04-2004 06:03 PM
New bermuda lawn in winter Hotelfox Lawns 0 11-01-2003 01:54 PM