Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Serial # 19781010

Default Can anyone identify tree at Central Market?

Does anyone know what the evergreen trees are at Central Market (38th
and Lamar) that have turned orange/red? They are nmarvelous to see
and I'd love to plant some. The foliage is not needles but rather
lacy.
Thanks-Judy
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
gruber

"Serial # 19781010" wrote in message
Does anyone know what the evergreen trees are at Central Market (38th
and Lamar) that have turned orange/red? They are nmarvelous to see
and I'd love to plant some. The foliage is not needles but rather
lacy.
Thanks-Judy

I'm guessing Japanese Maple from your description

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
B.Server

On Mon, 23 Dec 2002 03:07:11 GMT, Serial # 19781010
wrote:

Does anyone know what the evergreen trees are at Central Market (38th
and Lamar) that have turned orange/red? They are nmarvelous to see
and I'd love to plant some. The foliage is not needles but rather
lacy.
Thanks-Judy

And I am guessing cypress although they are not evergreen.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Serial # 19781010

It wasn't a Japanese maple, which is deciduous. It did look more like
a cypress of some sort, but I have never seen any turn color. No
'leaves' were dropping.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Babberney

wrote:

Does anyone know what the evergreen trees are at Central Market (38th
and Lamar) that have turned orange/red? They are nmarvelous to see
and I'd love to plant some. The foliage is not needles but rather
lacy.
Thanks-Judy

And I am guessing cypress although they are not evergreen.

sorry if this double posts--i thought i posted yesterday, but don't
see my reply.

the tree in question is most likely a baldcypress (Taxodium
distichum). It will drop its leaves before Spring.

For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.
For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www2.champaign.isa-arbor.com/.../consumer.html