Old 27-02-2006, 04:55 AM posted to austin.gardening
MAP

Default help

We brought in the bouganvilla and mandavilla (mispelled?) - The bouganvilla
has begun new leaves, and the mandavilla is starting new growth. Should
they be fertilized before going outside. When outside?

Thanks.

Mary Ann

Old 27-02-2006, 05:03 AM posted to austin.gardening
harriswest

MAP wrote:

We brought in the bouganvilla and mandavilla (mispelled?) - The bouganvilla
has begun new leaves, and the mandavilla is starting new growth. Should
they be fertilized before going outside. When outside?

Thanks.

Mary Ann

Were it me, I'd fertilize at planting. Organics seem to be more
friendly to new plantings IMO, although I'm not an organic gardener.

I've not tried bougainvilla; I didn't think it was cold hardy enough to
do well exept with some pampering and I don't like it enough to pamper.

OTOH I'm pleased to report that my Cestrum Nocturnum is resprouting from
the roots after my error in not covering it for our December freeze (I
was out of town). I think Cestrum and Bougainvilla are both USDA zone 8
cold hardy (e.g. not at all).
--
Mike Harris
Austin, TX
Old 27-02-2006, 03:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
Cliff

When you water it wouldn't hurt to give them some Hasta Grow. They can go
outside now but you will have to bring them back in if and when it freezes
again. I am in San Antonio and the average last freeze date here is 15 Mar
but a few years ago we had a freeze on 3 Apr. I am betting we don't get
another freeze here but who knows.

Cliff

P. S. My spell checker says you misspelled misspelled. Here is a test for
you spell checker.

ANN OWED TWO THE SPELL CHECKER
by A. Nonie Mouse

I have a spelling checker -
It came with my pea sea
It plane lee marks four my revue
Miss steaks aye can knot sea

Eye ran this poem threw it,
Your sure reel glad two no.
Its vary polished in it's weigh -
My checker tolled me sew.

A checker is a bless sing.
It freeze yew lodes of thyme.
It helps me awl stiles two reed,
And aides me when aye rime.

To rite with care is quite a feet
Of witch won should be proud.
And wee mussed dew the best wee can,
Sew flaws are knot aloud.

And now bee cause my spelling
Is checked with such grate flare,
Their are know faults with in my cite;
Of non eye am a wear.

Each frays come posed up on my screen
Eye trussed to be a joule.
The checker poured o'er every word
To cheque sum spelling rule.

That's why aye brake in two averse
By righting wants too pleas.
Sow now ewe sea why aye dew prays
Such soft wear for pea seas!

ink.net...

Old 28-02-2006, 01:32 AM posted to austin.gardening
Latosha Washington

FERTILIZATION
These vines are heavy feeders and respond best to almost constant feeding
with 1/2 strength water soluble fertilizer, e.g., Peter's 20-20-20, Excel
21-5-20, Miracle Grow or Rapid Grow. With high light and constant feeding,
the plants will bloom at least 11 months of the year. Straight hibiscus food
has also been a very successful fertilizer. (Rhododendron acid loving plants
fertilizer).
WATERING
These plants flower best under stress. Keep the plant slightly on the dry
side, and allow the plant to become root bound.

ink.net...

HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
help with high light/high co2 tank out of balance = greenwater :( help J. H. Freshwater Aquaria Plants 17 08-04-2003 04:44 PM
YOU HELP ME AND I HELP YOU !!! illmatic Ponds (alternative) 0 26-03-2003 03:32 AM
[IBC] IBCers You can help the list (was: [IBC] Please help me :-))) Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 23-03-2003 12:44 AM
help! Please help find out what kind of plants I have :) Dave M. Picklyk Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 18-02-2003 05:09 AM