Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
Rusty Mase

Default Austin Gardening Website

Simple question: is the website
www.austingardening.org

of any real use to anyone. I set it up to capture people searching
for the combination of words Austin Gardening on the search engines
and then lead them to this newsgroup. But I really do not have time to
maintain it and I tire of paying for the registration costs for the
name.

The only use I make of it is to complain to ISPs about spam and it
gives an air of authority to the complaint. Such as "Your client is
in violation of our posting guidelines published at:"
http://www.austingardening.org/guidelines.htm

Does anyone see any real use to continuing this?

Rusty Mase
Old 05-04-2003, 11:10 AM
d.tilson

Rusty Mase wrote:

Simple question: is the website
www.austingardening.org

of any real use to anyone. I set it up to capture people searching
for the combination of words Austin Gardening on the search engines
and then lead them to this newsgroup. But I really do not have time to
maintain it and I tire of paying for the registration costs for the
name.

The only use I make of it is to complain to ISPs about spam and it
gives an air of authority to the complaint. Such as "Your client is
in violation of our posting guidelines published at:"
http://www.austingardening.org/guidelines.htm

Does anyone see any real use to continuing this?

Rusty Mase

Don't know about anybody else, but that's where I go when I can't find
one of the many vegetable planting timetables I've printed, and need to
print another one. ;-)

Thanks, by the way.

Dale