Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
courtault at yahoo.com

Default Lantana & Plumbago still dormant?

I have two lantana plants & one plumbago which haven't yet shown signs of
emerging from the winter. Are they most likely dead, or should I give them
a few more weeks of good weather to show themselves?

Alan
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Jay Bird

I grow both of these and they take their time coming back. If they are in
full sun it speeds things up.
I have had some lantana die over the winter before but it is too early to
tell.

Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
animaux

On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:19:20 GMT, courtault at yahoo.com wrote:

I have two lantana plants & one plumbago which haven't yet shown signs of
emerging from the winter. Are they most likely dead, or should I give them
a few more weeks of good weather to show themselves?

Alan

My lantana in the ground show no signs, but stems are green when nicked. Plumbago
(the ground cover) is not showing signs, either. They usually don't till April.
Old 05-04-2003, 11:11 AM
Texensis

"animaux" wrote in message
| On Wed, 19 Mar 2003 22:19:20 GMT, courtault at yahoo.com wrote:
|
| I have two lantana plants & one plumbago which haven't yet shown
signs of
| emerging from the winter. Are they most likely dead, or should I
give them
| a few more weeks of good weather to show themselves?
|
| Alan
|
| My lantana in the ground show no signs, but stems are green when
nicked. Plumbago
| (the ground cover) is not showing signs, either. They usually don't
till April.

Same report here, although a lantana in a pot is showing leaves again.
Plumbago made it green all the way up until the most recent frost;
lantana and turk's cap had gone dormant but begun new leaves that went
in the frost.