Old 14-04-2003, 09:08 PM
br

Default Crossvine question

I'm thinking of putting crossvine in my backyard to cover the south
facing wall that gets full sun during summer. I'm hoping the crossvine
can cling to the brick and mortar back wall of my house without the
need for a trelis. I've read on the net that crossvine does not
require a trelis/trellis. I called a gardening place and they said
that it does require a trelis. Can anybody who has this vine tell me
who is right ?
Thanks in adv

br
Old 15-04-2003, 04:21 PM
G a e X a v i er

What do they know? I have one growing on a wooden fence. It does have
tendrils that will grab onto rough spots, etc. However, you will need
something like a couple of nails with a small rope or something to drape
it up on to, to get it started attaching to your wall.

I would use a masonry drill and place a few nails and then string some
cord between them to drape the cross vine on. Once it gets started, it
will find its own foot holds, but in the beginning I would help it along.