Old 05-10-2006, 07:40 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Enjoying the rain

I am enjoying the results of the recent rains. I have pumped the aquifer
dry over the summer without any significant results other than keeping
things alive. Now after a couple of good fall showers everything is in full
bloom.

Old 05-10-2006, 08:52 PM posted to austin.gardening

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 18:40:56 GMT, "Cliff" wrote:

I am enjoying the results of the recent rains. I have pumped the aquifer
dry over the summer without any significant results other than keeping
things alive. Now after a couple of good fall showers everything is in full
bloom.

Hmmm, where's this happening?
Old 06-10-2006, 12:43 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Cliff" wrote in message
om...
I am enjoying the results of the recent rains. I have pumped the aquifer
dry over the summer without any significant results other than keeping
things alive. Now after a couple of good fall showers everything is in
full bloom.

Same here with the tomatoes. They more or less just hung in there. Last
couple of rains, many blooms, many new leaves. I feel it was the
combination of lower temps, more clouds/less sun, and the rain that did it.
Now, all is starting to dry out again. We can blame it on those high
pressure cells that have been hanging over central TX for almost 2 years
now, with short respite between.
--
Jonny