GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Missing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/texas/167937-missing.html)

Cliff 12-12-2007 02:50 PM

Missing

I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

Robert Allison 12-12-2007 03:38 PM

Missing

Cliff wrote:

I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

What site? Contact with what?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

Dioclese 14-12-2007 04:00 PM

Missing

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

Omelet 14-12-2007 06:38 PM

Missing

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Omelet 14-12-2007 06:41 PM

Missing

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

I thought maybe I offended someone.

This is Usenet. You have GOT to be kidding! lol

But, DO please stop "top posting"???

It's screws up the posting/conversation order unless the person
answering fixes it like I did.

And that takes extra key strokes.

Cliff 14-12-2007 06:59 PM

Missing

I prefer to be on top.

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
. net...

Cliff 14-12-2007 07:03 PM

Missing

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
foot down." -- Steve

Rothstein

I don't understand, it is the best time to plant and to move things around.
Prune the trees as you can see all the crossed limbs, and the falling stuff
doesn't crush the flowers. I have been hauling pecan shells and using them
to cover the paths in and around the beds.

Merry Christmas.

Cliff

Victor Martinez 14-12-2007 07:11 PM

Missing

Cliff wrote:
I prefer to be on top.

Yeah, right. They all say the same thing. ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Omelet 14-12-2007 07:39 PM

Missing

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

I thought maybe I offended someone.

This is Usenet. You have GOT to be kidding! lol

But, DO please stop "top posting"???

It's screws up the posting/conversation order unless the person
answering fixes it like I did.

And that takes extra key strokes

I prefer to be on top.

Not in _my_ world... ;-)

Wanna kiss my whip babycakes?

snicker

Omelet 14-12-2007 07:46 PM

Missing

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)

I don't understand, it is the best time to plant and to move things around.
Prune the trees as you can see all the crossed limbs, and the falling stuff
doesn't crush the flowers. I have been hauling pecan shells and using them
to cover the paths in and around the beds.

Merry Christmas.

Cliff

Oh what you are doing is fine!

I was talking about actual winter gardening... Cruciferous veggies are
frost resistant. Cabbages, Chard, Kale, Brussel sprouts and Brocolli
etc. do best this time of year.

I personally like to grow winter chard:

http://i17.tinypic.com/8ezxbua.jpg

jOhN 15-12-2007 02:19 AM

Missing

Cliff wrote:
"Omelet" wrote in message

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
gy.net...

[...]

Right on, bro! Power to the pecan people! I, however, have a penchant
towards shredded cypress.

I just wish the uber-drizzle would halt for this weekend so I can finish
plucking my caladium bulbs and put in the rest of my spring bulb
assortment without screwing up the wet soil.

Cliff 15-12-2007 02:39 AM

Missing

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

I can only manage to get a little lettuce. I have to put a cage around
everything. When I first moved here I used to grow the rainbow chard as an
ornamental. Now the deer eat everything.

I like chard with lots of butter and vinegar.

Cliff

Omelet 15-12-2007 03:00 AM

Missing

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

I can only manage to get a little lettuce. I have to put a cage around
everything. When I first moved here I used to grow the rainbow chard as an
ornamental. Now the deer eat everything.

Time for a fence, and a dog or two. :-)
I have a small herd (of deer) here on this street and they graze on the
lawn across the street from me.

They've never bothered my gardens...

My fences are only 6', well within the hight for a deer to jump, but the
dogs discourage them!