Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM posted to austin.gardening

Default Missing

I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

Old 12-12-2007, 03:38 PM posted to austin.gardening

Cliff wrote:

I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

What site? Contact with what?

--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
Old 14-12-2007, 04:00 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

Old 14-12-2007, 06:38 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

Old 14-12-2007, 06:41 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

I thought maybe I offended someone.

This is Usenet. You have GOT to be kidding! lol

But, DO please stop "top posting"???

It's screws up the posting/conversation order unless the person
answering fixes it like I did.

And that takes extra key strokes.

Old 14-12-2007, 06:59 PM posted to austin.gardening

I prefer to be on top.

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
. net...

Old 14-12-2007, 07:03 PM posted to austin.gardening

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their
foot down." -- Steve

Rothstein

I don't understand, it is the best time to plant and to move things around.
Prune the trees as you can see all the crossed limbs, and the falling stuff
doesn't crush the flowers. I have been hauling pecan shells and using them
to cover the paths in and around the beds.

Merry Christmas.

Cliff

Old 14-12-2007, 07:11 PM posted to austin.gardening

Cliff wrote:
I prefer to be on top.

Yeah, right. They all say the same thing. ;-)

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old 14-12-2007, 07:39 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

I thought maybe I offended someone.

This is Usenet. You have GOT to be kidding! lol

But, DO please stop "top posting"???

It's screws up the posting/conversation order unless the person
answering fixes it like I did.

And that takes extra key strokes

I prefer to be on top.

Not in _my_ world... ;-)

Wanna kiss my whip babycakes?

snicker

Old 14-12-2007, 07:46 PM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
I am not receiving any posts. Is the site down or have I lost contact?

Cliff

No, you're fine. No one is contributing. No posts.
Dave

It's winter.

Unless you are growing cabbages and similar leafy greens, few people
garden this time of year. :-)

I don't understand, it is the best time to plant and to move things around.
Prune the trees as you can see all the crossed limbs, and the falling stuff
doesn't crush the flowers. I have been hauling pecan shells and using them
to cover the paths in and around the beds.

Merry Christmas.

Cliff

Oh what you are doing is fine!

I was talking about actual winter gardening... Cruciferous veggies are
frost resistant. Cabbages, Chard, Kale, Brussel sprouts and Brocolli
etc. do best this time of year.

I personally like to grow winter chard:

http://i17.tinypic.com/8ezxbua.jpg

Old 15-12-2007, 02:19 AM posted to austin.gardening

Cliff wrote:
"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
gy.net...

[...]

Right on, bro! Power to the pecan people! I, however, have a penchant
towards shredded cypress.

I just wish the uber-drizzle would halt for this weekend so I can finish
plucking my caladium bulbs and put in the rest of my spring bulb
assortment without screwing up the wet soil.
Old 15-12-2007, 02:39 AM posted to austin.gardening

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article , "Dioclese" NONE
wrote:

"Cliff" wrote in message
. net...
[...]

I can only manage to get a little lettuce. I have to put a cage around
everything. When I first moved here I used to grow the rainbow chard as an
ornamental. Now the deer eat everything.

I like chard with lots of butter and vinegar.

Cliff

Old 15-12-2007, 03:00 AM posted to austin.gardening

In article ,
"Cliff" wrote:

I can only manage to get a little lettuce. I have to put a cage around
everything. When I first moved here I used to grow the rainbow chard as an
ornamental. Now the deer eat everything.

Time for a fence, and a dog or two. :-)
I have a small herd (of deer) here on this street and they graze on the
lawn across the street from me.

They've never bothered my gardens...

My fences are only 6', well within the hight for a deer to jump, but the
dogs discourage them!
--
Peace, Om

Remove - (dash) to validate gmail.

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down." -- Steve Rothstein

mystery of missing water solved Larry Ponds 0 15-08-2004 04:39 PM
Koi missing Pectoral fin! Bob Ponds 8 12-08-2003 04:43 PM
Missing catfish Jerrispond Ponds 4 01-06-2003 06:32 AM
Theophrastus - missing bits o8TY Plant Science 2 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Theophrastus - missing bits o8TY Plant Science 2 18-02-2003 05:03 PM