Old 16-06-2003, 04:08 PM

Default Punkins now

This is the first year that I have ever planted punkins.
Apparently, I can grow punkins - as they are now entering onto the road.
http://members.thegateway.net/genes/PUNKINS.JPG
Since this photo was taken, there are large yellow punkins all over the
place.

My intentions were to have nice big happy jack-o-lanterns for the
grandkids this Halloween. Do we have to eat these things now, or
will they survive and make jack-o-lanterns for this Halloween.

BTW - I also planted some around the irrigated pecan trees & I can
tell you that punkins are one of the best weed control plants around.
They will simply overpower the weeks. They let very few weeds
penetrate their leaf system.

Gene

--
eMail:

Punkins in the berry patch Terry Coombs Edible Gardening 2 20-08-2015 06:36 PM
punkins F Murtz Australia 4 10-12-2011 04:09 PM
stock market huckster are running out of carefully cultivated myths(that transfers your wealth to them)that are falling to reality, buy and hold, invest for the long term, stocks are cheap right now, and now the biggie:Diversification [email protected] Gardening 0 31-05-2009 08:18 PM
2005 Gladiolus Catalog is Now Mailing. Accepting New Requests Now Summerville World-Wide Gladiolus Gardening 1 09-02-2005 12:16 PM
snails - now you see them, now you don't Phil Williamson Freshwater Aquaria Plants 7 20-04-2003 06:17 AM