Old 06-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Rick Samuel

Default Control of sandburs

Am in Marble Falls, question;
Pre or post emergence are preferred, I guess. Have used Round Up on them,
as soon as I can identify them. Doesn't seem to work.(2nd year) Is the
seed mature, and only the bur part is still growing? Will fire, as in a
cactus burner, kill the seed?
Thanks in advance, Rick...

Old 06-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Robbin

MSMA herbicide -- you can get it at Home Depot etc. Much of the time it's
labeled for crabgrass. I am in the fourth year of battle with it in a large
area which my dogs occupy (1 1/2 acres). Last year rains in June resulted in
a second crop of the year which I was not prepared for. MSMA works, but do
not let the plants grow anywhere close to the point of maturity before
spraying (sometimes takes two sprayings and a month or more before killing
the sandburs). It also kills the tops of my native grasses, but the roots
survive. The native grasses are beginning to regain control of this area.

"Rick Samuel" wrote in message
Am in Marble Falls, question;
Pre or post emergence are preferred, I guess. Have used Round Up on them,
as soon as I can identify them. Doesn't seem to work.(2nd year) Is the
seed mature, and only the bur part is still growing? Will fire, as in a
cactus burner, kill the seed?
Thanks in advance, Rick...

Scale control - methods for indoor control? BruceM Orchids 13 17-05-2007 06:11 AM
Moderated is a control measure for control freaks RTB Ponds 5 28-11-2006 09:37 PM
Sandburs... Ouch ! Bobbo Texas 7 18-02-2004 04:05 AM
FW Planted tank snail control. coigula Freshwater Aquaria Plants 5 16-11-2003 09:02 PM