Old 16-08-2003, 03:22 PM
Kevin Schroeder

Default Basil with weird leaf damage

Hello,
This morning my wife went out to check on our basil which we potted
about 2 weeks ago (we don't have a garden yet) and the leaves seem to have
developed some brownish splotches over night. The leaves were looking fine
yesterday. From where they are placed the plants get full sun from about
1:00 on. However, there isn't anything really special that's happened
yesterday or in the past few days that I would think would cause it.

About a quarter of the leaves are showing this brownish coloring, which
covers just under half the leaves from the center on out. There was some
insect damage that was on the plants, but it was minimal and was restricted
to a view chomps taken out of the leaves. This is more of a discoloration.

Any thoughts anyone has are helpful. My wife and I are just starting
out and there seems to be conflicting information on how to best to grow
basil (or herbs in general) in Texas.

Thanks,
Kevin

Water Damage Clean up & Fire Damage Restoration ssammyy roy Gardening 0 19-05-2012 08:15 AM
Weird Stem - Weird Stem.JPG [01/01] Chris Savas Orchid Photos 0 20-09-2008 03:29 PM
Tomato problems: potato leaf vs, regular leaf (cut leaf?) Joanne Edible Gardening 7 17-03-2005 08:53 PM
Maple leaf damage Twobtold Gardening 0 21-05-2004 05:06 PM
Letting Basil Go To Seed (was: Keeping Basil) Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 1 13-11-2003 01:14 PM