Old 30-09-2003, 04:09 AM
EL_FLOJO

Default Japanese Barberry question.?

How drought tolerant is this plant, really?
I bought 6 - 1 gal plants from a nursery, Monrovia brand, and before I could
plant them, after 3 days, they started to dry up and lose leaves. And I
watered them 2 days after purchase, maybe too late.....My bad....
Seeing that these are California grown, I was wondering if they are adapted
to need more water and more shade than what a normal Texas 'adapted'
barberry would require? Growgreen seems to say that they love sun and are
very drought tolerant.
I hope they wont die on me, but we shall see.
Thanks!
Flojo.

--

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that
we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only

--- President Teddy Roosevelt