Old 23-12-2003, 02:04 PM
Margie

Default Best Palms?

Anyone have recommendation on palms that do well around here? Disease
resistant, somewhat tolerant of drought, nice aesthetically, good grower?

Old 24-12-2003, 01:04 AM
animaux

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:48:13 GMT, "Margie" opined:

Anyone have recommendation on palms that do well around here? Disease
resistant, somewhat tolerant of drought, nice aesthetically, good grower?

Mexican fan palm, California fan palm and I've seen Canary Island date palms
down on 6th street doing wonderfully well.
Old 24-12-2003, 02:04 AM
Fred G

On 12/23/03 7:48 AM, in article
, "Margie"
wrote:

Anyone have recommendation on palms that do well around here? Disease
resistant, somewhat tolerant of drought, nice aesthetically, good grower?

Is this too easy or what?

Old 26-12-2003, 10:12 PM
Dave

Arizona Desert Palms. go down to 8 F. And should be cold hardy. Get around
40 feet tall and grow fast. We have em in 5 gallon pots for $30.

We got them at
Gardens of the Ancients
www.gardensoftheancients.com

"Margie" wrote in message
Anyone have recommendation on palms that do well around here? Disease
resistant, somewhat tolerant of drought, nice aesthetically, good grower?

Best soil for potted palms? geronimo Gardening 3 28-11-2006 02:04 AM
Queen Palms..best fertilzer. Brandon Gardening 56 09-06-2004 02:07 PM
Help burn palms Sue Australia 1 14-02-2003 02:22 AM
Hardy Palms - long (was Trachycarpus Fortunei Palms) [email protected] United Kingdom 0 23-11-2002 04:15 AM
Trachycarpus Fortunei Palms Clive Wilson United Kingdom 4 22-11-2002 06:11 PM