Old 20-03-2004, 11:37 PM
Anon

Default Help with Lawn

Most of my St. Augustine grass is dead and mixed with weed and other grasses
that have begun to grow.
What should I do? Try to re-sod the dirt patches with St. Augustine plugs
or forget the St. Augustine and
try to re-sod with Bermuda Seeds.

Any Ideas would be great. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want
my front lawn to look nice again.

Thanks.

Old 21-03-2004, 03:09 PM
Greg C

Best Texas Turf site is A&M board: http://www.texasturf.com/discussion/

GC

Old 21-03-2004, 03:11 PM
Greg C

Old 21-03-2004, 04:38 PM
RoyDMercer

It's not a very good idea to install Bermuda by seed. The types of Bermuda
available by seed are generally the native Bermuda. The types of Bermuda
available only as sod or plugs are usually the improved type and will
perform much better.

Old 22-03-2004, 05:26 AM
Red

If you are talking mostly sun. There are some new varieties of Bermuda out
now which are very good. Douglas W King seed company in San Antonio is a
good place to contact. Too early to plant Bermuda, you will have better
success if you wait until the first of May or depending on the weather when
the ground is warmed up to above 65 degrees. In the meantime use the lawn
mower to keep the current crop of weeds from going to seed.

Old 22-03-2004, 05:47 AM
Red

"Anon" wrote in message
Most of my St. Augustine grass is dead and mixed with weed and other

grasses
that have begun to grow.
What should I do? Try to re-sod the dirt patches with St. Augustine

plugs
or forget the St. Augustine and
try to re-sod with Bermuda Seeds.

Any Ideas would be great. I don't want to spend a lot of money but I want
my front lawn to look nice again.

Thanks.

Lawn Experts, please help - New Turf Lawn Dying puppilup Lawns 11 18-08-2011 11:03 PM
help, lawn dying after applying Lawn Feed & Moss Killer peter United Kingdom 1 07-06-2008 07:34 PM
Riding lawn mower and lawn roller Eric Gardening 1 02-05-2005 08:06 PM
HELP HELP HELP Lynne Orchids 6 07-05-2004 01:03 AM
Can I Use Scotts Lawn Pro Step 4 Lawn Fertilizer for Overseeding? Mike Thompson Lawns 1 10-09-2003 07:42 PM