Old 21-02-2005, 09:06 PM
jaywalker

Default Pool scaping

We just moved into a house that has an in-ground pool in the backyard.
It's very boring back there and I was looking for some ideas on types of
tropical plants that would look nice around a pool and will do good here
in the San Antonio area. I love Elephant Ears and different types of
caladiums, so I will definitely be using a fair amount of those. Thanks!

Old 22-02-2005, 07:13 AM
Katra

In article
outgardening.com,
"jaywalker" wrote:

We just moved into a house that has an in-ground pool in the backyard.
It's very boring back there and I was looking for some ideas on types of
tropical plants that would look nice around a pool and will do good here
in the San Antonio area. I love Elephant Ears and different types of
caladiums, so I will definitely be using a fair amount of those. Thanks!

Canna lillies, Amaryllis, Gladiolus in season......
Might want to consider a low growing herbal ground cover
as "green mulch" that will be aromatic such as Creeping thyme, prostrate
rosemary or pennyroyal.

Wandering jew, both purple and varigated is also a good standby
but once you plant that, it's there forever. ;-) But to me, that is a
good thing!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Old 22-02-2005, 07:15 AM
Katra

In article ,
escape wrote:

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 16:06:44 -0500, "jaywalker"
opined:

We just moved into a house that has an in-ground pool in the backyard.
It's very boring back there and I was looking for some ideas on types of
tropical plants that would look nice around a pool and will do good here
in the San Antonio area. I love Elephant Ears and different types of
caladiums, so I will definitely be using a fair amount of those. Thanks!

Banana's, canna's, bay laurel, brugmansia, datura, palms...etc.

I agree with datura as it's quite beautiful but it's even more toxic
than Oleander. Only use it if you will not have kids and dogs around it.
There are a number of beautiful varieties.

Meadow Scaping jerry Gardening 0 12-04-2005 12:53 PM
POOL SCREEN AVAILABLE HERE (LANAI SCREEN POOL CAGE ) The Poolscreen Guy Lawns 2 13-10-2004 02:06 AM
WTB: Swimming Pool - need crew to install pool in ground GeneS Texas 1 21-06-2004 11:08 PM
swimming pool sand filter operation clive Ponds 3 08-12-2003 05:04 PM
Pool Pump Cover (was Swimming pool filter/pump question) Raymond Luxury-Yacht Lawns 0 15-05-2003 07:56 PM