Old 19-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Lee Ege

Default gardening question

Last year we were told that if we sprinkled mixing salt on an area we did not want burdock to grow in it would take care of the problem....well it certainly did! It worked quite well, and the plants were not affected at all. I guess I should say that in fact burdock is really never desirable anywhere, unfortunately we have a major problem with it here(we live in Indiana) mostly because of our walking seeder....the dog.

It worked well in getting rid of it in the asparagus, so the question is, does anyone know if there would be a place that would not be a good place to use it in? Any feed back on this would be greatly appreciated. And by the way....tomorrow is the first day of spring and we have snow in the forecast....blah. Bet you guys down there in Texas don't have to worry about that!

Happy gardening.