Old 12-04-2005, 08:25 PM
ceed

Default Ground cover.

Hi,

I would like to ask some advice on ground cover for some beds have. I need
something that establishes itself fast so I do not have to weed for too
long. On the other hand, it should not be invasive and take over my whole
yard...

--
//ceed
Old 13-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Katra

In article op.so4v8def21xk10@bob,
ceed
ceed@abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqr stuvwxyzabcdefghijk.c
om wrote:

Hi,

I would like to ask some advice on ground cover for some beds have. I need
something that establishes itself fast so I do not have to weed for too
long. On the other hand, it should not be invasive and take over my whole
yard...

Somehow I don't think you can have it both ways, unless you put in good,
deep weed barriers around the beds. G

Creeping myrtle is popular, or if you want MORE fun, try some creeping
Thyme! It grows pretty quickly.

One of the best I've tried so far has been pennyroyal, and it's an
insect repellant.

Australian violet is a lot of fun too.

Confederate jasmine is as tough as nails, but will take over everything
if allowed to and it's a very difficult vine to prune out due to it's
strength! I use hand shears to cut it. It won't break easily if you pull
it...

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada