Old 28-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Blair

Default Poplar identity

I have a poplar whose leaves in the spring are a glorious yellow but during
the Summer turn green.
Can anyone tell me the name of this tree please
Blair

Old 28-07-2005, 07:24 PM
Brian

"Blair" wrote in message
I have a poplar whose leaves in the spring are a glorious yellow but

during
the Summer turn green.
Can anyone tell me the name of this tree please
Blair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most likely/probably P. candicans [syn.gileadensis] var.Aurora. At its
best if cut back in March.
Best Wishes Brian.

Old 29-07-2005, 05:46 AM
Blair

"Brian" --- 'flayb' to respond wrote in message

"Blair" wrote in message
I have a poplar whose leaves in the spring are a glorious yellow but

during
the Summer turn green.
Can anyone tell me the name of this tree please
Blair

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Most likely/probably P. candicans [syn.gileadensis] var.Aurora. At

its
best if cut back in March.
Best Wishes Brian.

Thanks Brian for the information. As far as cutting back is concerned I do
that after the leaves have fallen in the autumn.. I also find the harder I
cut it back the greater number of yellow leaves
Regards
Blair

Poplar tree - uses P&J United Kingdom 40 03-09-2003 09:12 PM
Thanks - Poplar tree - uses P&J United Kingdom 1 02-09-2003 11:36 PM
Poplar tree removal - poison P&J United Kingdom 11 29-08-2003 11:02 AM
boosting a tired poplar? shannie United Kingdom 0 11-05-2003 01:44 AM
To Pat in Plymouth MI - White Poplar update Julie Sloan Gardening 4 23-03-2003 01:56 PM