Old 11-08-2005, 07:51 PM
Tickettyboo

Default Pleiobastus auricomus

Patience for the numpty , please :-)

[Subject]That's what it says on the tag. Been in my newly sorted garden,
for a few weeks now..no destructions with it, but afaik, it was planted
proper-like, the planter said he had added slow release
fertiliser..sorry, no idea what but he seemed to know what he was
doing.. According to what I have read and Googled, it is supposed to be
variegated and , indeed it does/did look quite pretty. Have watered the
ground under and round about it thoroughly a couple of times a week
since it arrived.
Now, some of the leaves are going very pale and have brown spots on
them..
have I watered too much? ..too little ?..is it about to shuffle off its
mortal coil? Is there a site where I can go and look up about poorly
plants? I tried Googling with the name and even tried searching within
the results for brown spots..to no avail.

Suddenly pcs seem so very simple! Is it possible to reformat this plant?
:-)

--
Ticketty᧧

Old 11-08-2005, 10:45 PM
Rupert

"Tickettyboo" wrote in message
[...]

On of the Google bits says-
Remarkably versatile, it tolerates just about any adversity you care to
throw its way, including heat, drought, humidity, and unseasonable cold
weather.

This indicates you (or whoever planted said plant ) could become rich by
just looking at any weed.

Dig it up - pot it up without any slow release death fertiliser--and keep it
on the dry side.
Normally when I think I have killed a bamboo by transplanting which results
in instant leaf loss and a brown scorched mass of ugliness I chop the lot
back to ground level. A healthier plant usually remerges.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:08 PM
Tickettyboo

In ,
Rupert whispered softly in my ear...:
"Tickettyboo" wrote in message
Now, some of the leaves are going very pale and have brown spots on
them.. have I watered too much? ..too little ?..is it about to
shuffle off its mortal coil? Is there a site where I can go and look
up about poorly plants? I tried Googling with the name and even
tried searching within the results for brown spots..to no avail.

On of the Google bits says-
Remarkably versatile, it tolerates just about any adversity you care
to throw its way, including heat, drought, humidity, and unseasonable
cold weather.

This indicates you (or whoever planted said plant ) could become
rich by just looking at any weed.

As a rule of thumb, I can kill anything green at a distance of 40 yards,
without even trying. Weeds seem to be resistant to my powers though.

Dig it up - pot it up without any slow release death fertiliser--and
keep it on the dry side.
Normally when I think I have killed a bamboo by transplanting which
results in instant leaf loss and a brown scorched mass of ugliness I
chop the lot back to ground level. A healthier plant usually remerges.

Okay, will give it a go, thanks :-)

--
Ticketty᧧

Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 PM
BoyPete

Tickettyboo wrote:
[...]

Boo is going to 'pot it up'? Piccies please
Seriously, it should be pretty tolerant. When was it planted?? Could just be
a case of shock.....depends how it was treated prior to
planting.........could have been mis treated before it was planted?
--
ßôyþëtë

Old 13-08-2005, 05:55 PM
gconn77

That would be an excellent question to ask in my forum. The Garden and
House Plant Forum is located at http://gconn77.com/smf/

Old 13-08-2005, 11:39 PM
Rupert

"gconn77" wrote in message
ups.com...
That would be an excellent question to ask in my forum. The Garden and
House Plant Forum is located at http://gconn77.com/smf/

Not really--web based forums are painfully difficult.
No offence meant-keep up the goodish work