Old 21-08-2005, 09:08 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

Default runner beans going yellow and limp

My runner beans are going great guns; I can barely eat them fast enough.
But lately, the youngest, smallest beans seem to be going yellow and
flaccid. I think some of them are going brown and shrivelling up. It's
been raining quite a bit lately, but we've also had quite a few dry
days, so I don't reckon it's either drought or waterlogging. The leaves
seem fine and the plants are still growing and flowering. Can anyone
tell me what's wrong here?

Rhiannon
Old 21-08-2005, 09:31 PM
andrewpreece

"Rhiannon Macfie Miller" wrote in message
My runner beans are going great guns; I can barely eat them fast enough.
But lately, the youngest, smallest beans seem to be going yellow and
flaccid. I think some of them are going brown and shrivelling up. It's
been raining quite a bit lately, but we've also had quite a few dry
days, so I don't reckon it's either drought or waterlogging. The leaves
seem fine and the plants are still growing and flowering. Can anyone
tell me what's wrong here?

Rhiannon

Not sure, but I've had a few beans go that way since they started producing,
the bulk of them are good though. I've only had them turn yellowish and
flaccid,
not go brown and shrivel up though.

Andy.