Old 22-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Mike

Default OT. Dining companions

The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

Old 22-08-2005, 10:33 AM
shazzbat

(

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

1 cat hater
1 cat lover
1 organic gardener
1 chemical gardener
1 who says napkin
1 who says serviette.

Steve

Old 22-08-2005, 07:20 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

and I checked to see if this was one of those xposted trolls we have
had of late, but no, seems that you were 'serious' !!

Old 22-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Mike

6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

:-)

No, the idea is to invite 6 people from any period. For example one of the
group listed Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII :-)

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

Not at all. A highly respected group by invitation only subject to certain
criteria.

and I checked to see if this was one of those xposted trolls we have
had of late,

Not at all :-))

but no, seems that you were 'serious' !!

Very much so :-))

Had one email asking if I am expecting the 'click of Jack Boots', "I think
not" :-))

and your 6 are?

Mike

Old 22-08-2005, 08:17 PM
WaltA

Mikewrote:
6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

:-)

No, the idea is to invite 6 people from any period. For example one of the
group listed Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII :-)

Yes, yes ! I know !
I was just having a wee bit of fun at your expense !

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

Not at all. A highly respected group by invitation only subject to certain
criteria.

Well, yes, I am sure it (the one I referred to) would be ! ;-))

Had one email asking if I am expecting the 'click of Jack Boots', "I think
not" :-))

heheee !

and your 6 are?

Still working on it :-)
Roger Penrose would be high on the list of alive/pro/good guests.
I have some members of this group shortlisted for my plate de jour
tho' ,,,,
(just a joke, honest guv),,,
but there may be a little delay whilst I try some seriously ontopic
stuff of preparing a website with some photos of my putative
poplar/aspen mit zee mistletoe for Rusty and Stewart & peeps to
contemplate,,
more later ,,,

Old 22-08-2005, 09:19 PM
sam

Mike wrote:
The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

I'm afraid you wouldn't be one of them. Can't stick to the point.
Old 22-08-2005, 10:20 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

Old 22-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Mike

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

OK but they wouldn't mean much to you.

My neighbours

Old 23-08-2005, 01:31 AM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:53:24 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

"WaltA" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

OK but they wouldn't mean much to you.

My neighbours

Och,
after you mentioning
"Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII"
I thought I was going to hear some big names that I had never heard of
that I could google on and learn something
:-(

Ok, then, I give you:- my neighbours
(there is a doublenintendo in there, btw ! )
;-))