Old 22-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Mike

Default OT. Dining companions

The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

Old 22-08-2005, 10:33 AM
shazzbat

(

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

1 cat hater
1 cat lover
1 organic gardener
1 chemical gardener
1 who says napkin
1 who says serviette.

Steve

Old 22-08-2005, 07:20 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

and I checked to see if this was one of those xposted trolls we have
had of late, but no, seems that you were 'serious' !!

Old 22-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Mike

6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

:-)

No, the idea is to invite 6 people from any period. For example one of the
group listed Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII :-)

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

Not at all. A highly respected group by invitation only subject to certain
criteria.

and I checked to see if this was one of those xposted trolls we have
had of late,

Not at all :-))

but no, seems that you were 'serious' !!

Very much so :-))

Had one email asking if I am expecting the 'click of Jack Boots', "I think
not" :-))

and your 6 are?

Mike

Old 22-08-2005, 08:17 PM
WaltA

Mikewrote:
6 dead dinner guests ?
Doesn't sound like a bundle of fun to me.
Or do you mean we can invite 6 who we hope might be dead after eating
our plate de jour of roast potato-fruits avec le sauce Hemlock ?

:-)

No, the idea is to invite 6 people from any period. For example one of the
group listed Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII :-)

Yes, yes ! I know !
I was just having a wee bit of fun at your expense !

Perhaps the ***** group is necrophilia annonymouses ?

Not at all. A highly respected group by invitation only subject to certain
criteria.

Well, yes, I am sure it (the one I referred to) would be ! ;-))

Had one email asking if I am expecting the 'click of Jack Boots', "I think
not" :-))

heheee !

and your 6 are?

Still working on it :-)
Roger Penrose would be high on the list of alive/pro/good guests.
I have some members of this group shortlisted for my plate de jour
tho' ,,,,
(just a joke, honest guv),,,
but there may be a little delay whilst I try some seriously ontopic
stuff of preparing a website with some photos of my putative
poplar/aspen mit zee mistletoe for Rusty and Stewart & peeps to
contemplate,,
more later ,,,

Old 22-08-2005, 09:19 PM
sam

Mike wrote:
The following question was put up on another group/forum I subscribe to and
I wonder how this newsgroup would answer it: (******* shows deletion
of theme of group)

"Sat here on a dull Sunday evening with no ******* to look forward to (

Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

I'm afraid you wouldn't be one of them. Can't stick to the point.
Old 22-08-2005, 09:22 PM
Mike Lyle

Rupert wrote:
"Mike" wrote in message

[...]
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions

(not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

Julian Clarey Freddy Mercury
Elton John Graham Norton
Lilly Savage Mike

5 Gays and One miserable

With musical entertainment provided by Michael Adams: he'll hit a
high C every time somebody says anything he disagrees with.

--
Mike.

Old 22-08-2005, 10:20 PM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

Old 22-08-2005, 10:53 PM
Mike

"WaltA" wrote in message
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

OK but they wouldn't mean much to you.

My neighbours

Old 23-08-2005, 01:31 AM
WaltA

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 21:53:24 +0000 (UTC), "Mike"
wrote:

"WaltA" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 07:23:45 +0000 (UTC), "Mike" wrote:
Pondering, and was thinking about my 6 ideal dinner companions (not
including spouses):"

Who are your 6? By the way, can be dead or alive.

aren't you supposed to go first with your 6 and then the rest of the
newsgroup (as is the wont of usenet) can disagree with you and offer
up a 'better', in their opinion, set ? ))

OK but they wouldn't mean much to you.

My neighbours

Och,
after you mentioning
"Queen Elizabeth as a young girl, another Henry VIII"
I thought I was going to hear some big names that I had never heard of
that I could google on and learn something
:-(

Ok, then, I give you:- my neighbours
(there is a doublenintendo in there, btw ! )
;-))

Old 23-08-2005, 02:20 PM
Mike Lyle

michael adams wrote:
"Mike Lyle" wrote in message

With musical entertainment provided by Michael Adams: he'll hit a
high C every time somebody says anything he disagrees with.

[...]
Otherwise, I'd be obliged if you'd kindly withdraw that remark.

[...]

Oh, dear! Trouble is, there are people one naturally wants to oblige,
and others for whom it comes less readily. But, to be fair, you would
call the diners "Mr", which is rare these days; so let's compromise:
I'll call it a mere A flat.

--
Mike.