Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Pete

Default Clematis Proteus

I am a west coast BC Canada gardener, any info regarding this variety
woud be appreciated.

Pete

Cobble Hill Vancouver Island
Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Paul England

"Pete" wrote in message
I am a west coast BC Canada gardener, any info regarding this variety
woud be appreciated.

Pete

I have about 6 or 7 clematis in the garden, but not this one. However,
having seen the pic on the following site, I might look out for one - looks
very exotic.

http://www.clematis.hull.ac.uk/clemdetail.cfm?dbkey=617

Regards ....... Paul

Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Jill

"Pete" wrote in message
I am a west coast BC Canada gardener, any info regarding this variety
woud be appreciated.

not sure its much help
but I have one on the West coast of Scotland
situated in horrible poor soil in amongst a conifers roots
in one of the most exposed corners of the garden
where the hens like to dust bathe
[I know, I know but thats where it ended up!!!]
and although it really struggles to put on any growth or leaf
it has flowered twice each of the last 3 years - double then single
the first two years it didn't do much
and is well worth it
the flowers are lovely

So I would say that give it a fair chance !!!! it would be really lovely
you cannot give it much more dogs abuse thanI have
:~)))

--
Jill Bowis

http://www.poultryscotland.co.uk http://www.henhouses.co.uk
http://www.domesticducks.co.uk http://www.poultry-books.co.uk
http://www.kintaline.co.uk/cottage

Old 14-03-2003, 08:53 AM
Rachel Sullivan

In article , Pete
writes

I am a west coast BC Canada gardener, any info regarding this variety
woud be appreciated.

It's a hybrid with large double lilac-pink flowers in May - June and
single flowers on the new growth in September. Group 2 pruning.
Perfectly hardy to about -20 C or so.

--
Rachel
Clematis Web Site