Old 03-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Registered User

Default Does anyone know what this is?

1. I brought this for 50p at the garden centre but i don't know what it is. I thought it was some kind of phlax but it has 4 petals and phlax usually has 5, it has a very strong rose sent.

2. loads of these tree like weeds grow all around my garden. they are impossible to pull up completely as the roots seem to spread some distance, does anyone have any suggestions as to what it is and how i can kill them.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:47 PM
Registered User

sorry the pics
Attached Thumbnails
Does anyone know what this is?-flowers-007.jpg   Does anyone know what this is?-flowers-009.jpg
Old 03-09-2005, 07:04 PM
Registered User

Hi, don't know about the flower but the 'tree' looks a bit like an elder. Any large elderberry bushes nearby?

Bob
Old 03-09-2005, 08:36 PM
Kay

In article , zozzer zozzer.1usdk2@gar
denbanter.co.uk writes

sorry the pics

|Filename: flowers 009.jpg |
|Download: http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=2842|

I can only see the tree pic. It's an ash.

--
Kay

Old 03-09-2005, 08:45 PM
Registered User

Thanks Undergroundbob i think it could be an elder, there are some nearby growing in the hedgerow ill have to go and compare them.