Old 06-09-2005, 07:30 PM
Andrew

Default Livingston Daisies - no flowers

Hi,

I've got 2 pots of livingston daisies which have grown to a nice full size
(and have been so for approx 2 months), but still no sign of any flowers.

They have been well watered and get approx half sun/half shade during the
day. Anyhting obvious I could be doing wrong?

Thanks

Andrew

Old 06-09-2005, 11:17 PM
cineman

hi,
I believe it has something to do with this years climate, in the UK anyway.
I grew two tray fulls this year some are in hanging baskets, and some in
borders, all plants are healthy and very bushy but shy in flowering, and the
flowers are very small. At first i fed with miracle grow for three feeds,
(got free sample sachet) after that fed with half strength phostrogen but
still flower shy.
Oh well, there's always next year.
regards
Cineman

Old 07-09-2005, 12:13 AM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "Andrew" contains these words:

Hi,

I've got 2 pots of livingston daisies which have grown to a nice full size
(and have been so for approx 2 months), but still no sign of any flowers.

They have been well watered and get approx half sun/half shade during the
day. Anyhting obvious I could be doing wrong?

Try giving them dry conditions in full sun; don't feed them.

Janet
Old 07-09-2005, 12:27 AM
Kay

In article , Andrew info@REMOV
EardwebALLdesignCAPITALS.co.uk writes
Hi,

I've got 2 pots of livingston daisies which have grown to a nice full size
(and have been so for approx 2 months), but still no sign of any flowers.

They have been well watered and get approx half sun/half shade during the
day. Anyhting obvious I could be doing wrong?

The half shade?
--
Kay

Old 07-09-2005, 10:03 AM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Kay wrote:
In article , Andrew info@REMOV
EardwebALLdesignCAPITALS.co.uk writes
Hi,

I've got 2 pots of livingston daisies which have grown to a nice full size
(and have been so for approx 2 months), but still no sign of any flowers.

They have been well watered and get approx half sun/half shade during the
day. Anyhting obvious I could be doing wrong?

The half shade?

Yup. And the cold and wet. We grew them in Africa, and the Sunset
book recommends full sun (in the USA!) But it may also be a good
idea to grow them in poor soil, and NOT fertilise them after their
initial growth.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.