Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Mark

Default Strong garden supports & wall brackets?

Hi - can anyone suggest a good mail-order (preferably internet) source
for heavy-duty garden stakes, wall brakets, plant supports, etc?

I have old & heavy grape vines I need to support from the walls of our
house, but I can't find anything much bigger or stronger than shelf
brackets! I believe the vine should be supported about 18-24" from
the wall, and this is a problem too.

I also have a line of espalier apple trees that are gradually leaning
over and veering off in all directions. To pull them staright, I need
something better than bamboo canes and the flimsy stuff you get from
garden centres.

Can anyone help, please?

Happy gardening, Mark