Old 12-05-2003, 03:58 PM
Dave P

Default Hanging Basket brackets onto pebble dash

I placed one of the brackets on the wall and it rocked from side to side as
the pebble dash is uneven. I am wondering if this will resolve itself once
they are securely attached. The other question is what method of attachment
should I use?

Thanks,

Dave

Old 12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
Tumbleweed

"Dave P" wrote in message
I placed one of the brackets on the wall and it rocked from side to side

as
the pebble dash is uneven. I am wondering if this will resolve itself once
they are securely attached.

No, why would it? Scrape off the pebbles under where the bracket will be!

The other question is what method of attachment
should I use?

Drill holes in wall and fix screws?

--
Tumbleweed

Remove my socks before replying (but no email reply necessary to newsgroups)

Old 12-05-2003, 07:56 PM
Dave P

Drill holes in wall and fix screws?

That's easy enough! I wasn't sure if the weight of them needed a slightly
stronger fixing.

Dave

Old 12-05-2003, 08:32 PM
Brian Watson

"Dave P" wrote in message
I placed one of the brackets on the wall and it rocked from side to side

as
the pebble dash is uneven. I am wondering if this will resolve itself once
they are securely attached. The other question is what method of

attachment
should I use?

Level the surface behind the brackets with external filler, then drill and
plug as suggested by others.

If they are rocking now, I'd assume they will eventually fall out.

--
Brian
"posting from Sutton, Winner of the English and Welsh Village of the Year

Old 13-05-2003, 12:44 PM
Peter Ashby

In article ,
"Brian Watson" wrote:

Level the surface behind the brackets with external filler, then drill and
plug as suggested by others.

If they are rocking now, I'd assume they will eventually fall out.

Well our outside light at the back is attached like this and wobbles
allarmingly. It has been up for quite a long time (well pre our 4 years)
judging both by the look of it and the trouble I had unscrewing the
glass cover recently to change the bulb. Trying to put a lot of twisting
force on a glass tube attached to a wobbly bracket without twisting the
whole thing off the wall was an 'interesting' experience. I was about to
give up when it moved slightly. The threads were liberally waxed prior
to reinstallation.

When the naffness of it eventually annoys me I will replace it, doing it
properly of course.

Peter

--
Peter Ashby
To assume that I speak for the University of Dundee is to be deluded.
Old 13-05-2003, 01:20 PM
Brian Watson

"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Brian Watson" wrote:

Level the surface behind the brackets with external filler, then drill

and
plug as suggested by others.

If they are rocking now, I'd assume they will eventually fall out.

Well our outside light at the back is attached like this and wobbles
allarmingly. It has been up for quite a long time (well pre our 4 years)
judging both by the look of it and the trouble I had unscrewing the
glass cover recently to change the bulb. Trying to put a lot of twisting
force on a glass tube attached to a wobbly bracket without twisting the
whole thing off the wall was an 'interesting' experience. I was about to
give up when it moved slightly. The threads were liberally waxed prior
to reinstallation.

When the naffness of it eventually annoys me I will replace it, doing it
properly of course.

I think you've just confirmed my point.

:-)

Better to install this new piece of wall furniture properly from the start
as you have an easy opportunity to do so.

--
Brian
"When all about you is crumbling, when the arse is falling out of your