Old 16-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Kate Morgan

Default Marinette and Crimson Shower

I have been given the two ramblers named above and intend planting them
so that they will grow up the end of my husbands workshop - with his
permission of course ha ha - they are about a metre high so should I cut
them down to what? before planting
kate
Old 18-03-2003, 09:08 PM
Chris Stewart

"Kate Morgan" wrote in message
I have been given the two ramblers named above and intend planting them
so that they will grow up the end of my husbands workshop - with his
permission of course ha ha - they are about a metre high so should I cut
them down to what? before planting
kate

Hi Kate - it depends if they have any root system or not. If they are bare
rooted then cut back the rose by 1/2 and plant them pronto. If they are pot
grown, then cut back any dead wood and plant them. Hope they smell nice!

Chris S

Old 19-03-2003, 09:44 AM
Kate Morgan

Hi Kate - it depends if they have any root system or not. If they are bare
rooted then cut back the rose by 1/2 and plant them pronto. If they are pot
grown, then cut back any dead wood and plant them. Hope they smell nice!

Chris S

Thanks for that Chris - the roses are still in their David Austin green
pots so I will give them a little tidy up and pop them into their new
homes and hopefully enjoy the smell in a few weeks.
kate