Old 24-09-2005, 02:59 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Tennessee Sweet Potato Squash

Yeah, well. Three good ones, and we tried one - while it had some
ripe-looking seeds, I am sure that it wasn't even remotely ripe.

The fruit are pear-shaped with creamy, white color skin that is
striped in faint green.

Check.

The flesh is light colored, fine grained, very dry and resembles
sweet potatoes in flavor.

No way, Jose. It had the texture and flavour of unripe Little Gem.
Moist, not nutty, and low in both starch and sugar.

Clearly we don't get enough sun here :-(

However, it tasted of SOMETHING, unlike marrows.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.
Old 24-09-2005, 06:13 PM
Bob Hobden

"Nick Maclaren" wrote
((huge snip))
However, it tasted of SOMETHING, unlike marrows.

First store for some weeks, even three months.
Then peel, slice and cube the flesh into 2 inch cubes discarding the seeds.
Saute in butter with plenty of black pepper untill the cubes are cooked and
start to brown.
You will find they do have a flavour. :-)

--
Regards
Bob

University of Tennessee Amateur Science Survey Amateur Science Survey Plant Science 0 02-10-2003 04:12 PM
Looking for fellow aquarists in Eastern Tennessee.... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 20-04-2003 06:23 AM
Starting a lawn in Tennessee - HELP! GarciaGM Gardening 2 29-03-2003 01:32 AM
Spring in Tennessee Table Roses 1 24-02-2003 01:04 PM
Looking for fellow aquarists in Eastern Tennessee.... 350X_Rider Freshwater Aquaria Plants 0 17-02-2003 04:38 PM