Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-09-2005, 07:12 AM
Peter James

Malcolm Stewart wrote:

"Peter James" wrote in message
.. .
kaz44 wrote:

Pack the holes with
saltpetre and plug the top of the holes with putty and leave it all
winter.

As private individuals, how can we get hold of the saltpetre (potassium
nitrate?) ?

I don't know. I do know that my farmer friend was able to get it. Try
your local Agricultural Supplier and Fertiliser Merchant. Or maybe a
wholesale chemist might be able to help. I know that saltpetre is used
in the manufacture of explosives so it might be a problem. Have you
googled for it?

--
Please remove AT to reply

ELM tree stump- cannot kill it Dave_S Gardening 9 04-02-2021 07:55 PM
Kill stump Higgs Boson Gardening 15 11-02-2010 06:50 PM
What to kill tree stump? Bob H United Kingdom 6 15-07-2004 05:03 PM
How to kill a tree stump Scoby United Kingdom 22 26-08-2003 11:12 PM
Tarwi can grow in acid soil, fix nitrogen, kill a potato soil nematode, and its seed can yield a gre briancady413 Permaculture 0 09-08-2003 08:23 AM