Old 16-10-2005, 06:12 PM
Rich

Default Grass seed

Hi all, is it too late to put down grass seed now, we are on the south coast
and its still quite warm and wet here, what type would you suggest for a
piece by a concrete path and wooden fence, what do you all think.

Rich

Old 16-10-2005, 09:06 PM
Oxymel of Squill

I think it's too late, there won't be enough time to get it going unless
global warming puts a sprint on.
I sowed some grass in June and it was very slow, but the same seed sown in
September came on a lot faster. Bit of a mystery to me that

Old 16-10-2005, 09:29 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Rich" contains these words:

Hi all, is it too late to put down grass seed now, we are on the south coast
and its still quite warm and wet here, what type would you suggest for a
piece by a concrete path and wooden fence, what do you all think.

No. It'll grow at any time of the year, though it will e a bit slower now.

I've got some showing nicely - sown about ten days ago.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 16-10-2005, 10:33 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich
Hi all, is it too late to put down grass seed now
just in under the wire...do it this week and you may have a chance...is it going to be walked on or looked at this grass ?....just sow the cheapest...half a handful per square yard/metre...or is it meter ?..no its meter...i mean metre...its still half a handful.
Old 17-10-2005, 05:33 PM
Rich

It is to the side of a path to our front door so not generally walked on but
there is the option if you need to.

Just one other thing is the " half a handful " metric or imperial :-))

Thanks

Rich

just in under the wire...do it this week and you may have a chance...is
it going to be walked on or looked at this grass ?....just sow the
cheapest...half a handful per square yard/metre...or is it meter ?..no
its meter...i mean metre...its still half a handful.

--
Eyebright

Old 17-10-2005, 07:55 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Rich" contains these words:

It is to the side of a path to our front door so not generally walked on but
there is the option if you need to.

Just one other thing is the " half a handful " metric or imperial :-))

That depends on whether you mean the half, or the handful.